Spectra Watermakers 5 Micron Carbon Block for Fresh Water Flushing
- Solid carbon
- 5 Mic Nominal Filtration
- High Adsorptive Capacity and Efficiency
- Sediment Filter
- Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction
- How Are these different from GAC (granulated activated charcoal)? A common mistake is to use a GAC filter in place of carbon BLOCK filter. They are a little easier to find from a local hardware store and priced at a slightly lower cost. There is however, a reason for this, they are inferior in terms of chlorine reduction (and dirt holding capacity/and zero carbon fines) and should never be used! The membrane element has very little to no chlorine tolerance (free chlorine tolerance membranes is <0.1PPM).
- How often do I need to change my Spectra Carbon Block? Every 6,000 Gal or 6 months, which ever one comes first.
- At Daily Watermakers we use a direct replacement filter for our watermakers, the reverse osmosis thin film membranes cannot tolerate any chlorine so we use only the best USA manufactured filters, you may choose to use our direct replacement filter sku# 11010
Additional Parts You Might Consider:
Spectra SC-1 Storage Compound
Spectra SC-2 Alkaline Cleaning Compound
Spectra SC-3 Acid Cleaning Chemical
Spectra 5 Micron Filter
Spectra 20 Micron Filter
Spectra 50 Micron Filter
Spectra 5 Micron Carbon Block Filter
Questions? Visit our Contact Page to speak to our watermaker experts.
We Ship Internationally, Contact us For a Shipping Quote!
Daily Watermakers, Inc. is an authorized dealer for Spectra Watermakers. View their website for more information: https://www.spectrawatermakers.com/us/us/support/contact